Flock Free Nation

No nonsense information on small business.

Aug 9, 2012 - 2 minute read - Comments - funding

Clarence Campeau Develops New Programs for Métis Women and Youth Entrepreneurs

The Clarence Campeau Development Fund has created the Métis Women’s Equity Program and the Métis Youth Equity Program (18-35 years old).

The Métis Women’s Equity Program

The Métis Women’s Equity Program offers equity assistance of up to 65% of project costs to a maximum of $10,000. Total project costs cannot exceed $25,000, (excluding working capital). The funds can be used to purchase an existing business, start a new business or expand or renovate an existing business.

The funds are repayable over a maximum 5 year term and are interest free. After 24 months of satisfactory repayment the client has the option to repay 75% of the remaining contribution with 25% being forgiven. Security consists of a promissory note, which means that no assets need to be pledged as collateral.

The business must be for profit and have a sound business plan. The applicant must put 5% equity into the business and the business must be 100% owned by a Saskatchewan Métis Woman.

Métis Youth Equity Program

The Métis Youth Equity Program offers equity assistance of up to 65% of project costs to a maximum of $10,000. Total project costs cannot exceed $25,000, (excluding working capital). The funds can be used to purchase an existing business, start a new business or expand or renovate an existing business.

The funds are repayable over a maximum 5 year term and are interest free. After 24 months of satisfactory repayment the client has the option to repay 75% of the remaining contribution with 25% being forgiven. Security consists of a promissory note, which means that no assets need to be pledged as collateral.

The business must be for profit and have a sound business plan. The applicant must put 5% equity into the business and the business must be 100% owned by a Saskatchewan Métis Youth

For more information, contact the Clarence Campeau Development Fund